tanker companies

Alec:
Hi ADR, I must know you, if you’ve worked for AP, at Didcot I presume, I’ worked a Carrington since 84, & took early retirement in 2004then went back there in 2006 for two years,then finished.then I was asked could I do some part time work for Apex based in Walkden ,dead easy job that was, just moving pumps around the country.but packed it in last year. A P. Top firm to work for don’t you agree. When I started Bracknell was running, one of our jobs was picking up the Crude Argon ( and it was crude to much oxygen in it) when pumping it off at Carrington you had to shut down two or three times ,while the nitrogen cooler got it under control.I’ve been out based at Didcot Quite a few times.( is Big Chris still there). His Surname I can’t remember.I’ve been out based at ■■■■■■■■■■■ , then Motherwell,Sandbach,(Hydrogen) ,Redcar, Llanwern,
Oh happy days, All the best to you and your mates Alec McCance.

Hi Alec, sorry not replied, not been on here for a few weeks, busy busy, what’s the saying? “Life is what happens while you are busy doing something else”. Yes we must have crossed paths at some time, I started at Didcot in 1989 when it 1st opened to replace Bracknell, transferred to Wincanton, then left after a few years of them to work for the Dutch/European etc. Cryoservice took over Air Products small-bulk & I started on for them working out of Didcot in 2003, we had a nice quiet little yard 5 mins down the road from AP Didcot, I was Depot Supervisor for 10 years until AP bought us out completely & we were moved round into AP 2 years ago :frowning: (preferred the P&Q of our little yard, more layed back, far less Bull’). I remember the Carrington blokes coming in to pick up the Argon on your way back North, I remember Mick Coppell very well, had quite a few chats with him, heard he was a good Shop Steward! Big Chris Miller you are thinking of, Gentle Giant is Chris, at 6’2" & 17 stone there aren’t many blokes that Tower over me, but I have to look up to speak to Chris & step to 1 side to see round him :open_mouth: He has had some serious health issues but is Bobbing & Weaving again now :smiley: ! As you say it is a great job, not as good as it once was, far too many Rules & Regs & H&S now, stuff you can’t do now because we are told it is dangerous/un-safe etc, despite the fact that the Old-Ways have kept the job rolling along nicely for ■■? knows how many years :unamused: :confused: . Regards Chris