Taking Sertraline. Will I pass my medical?

I’ve got my first medical coming up to hopefully gain my class C license. I’ve been taking Sertraline for over 2 years for mild depression. My quandary is do I say anything on my medical or not?? It’s never affected my driving. Just a little concerned if it will stop my new career before it starts??

Migster21:
I’ve got my first medical coming up to hopefully gain my class C license. I’ve been taking Sertraline for over 2 years for mild depression. My quandary is do I say anything on my medical or not?? It’s never affected my driving. Just a little concerned if it will stop my new career before it starts??

I can’t answer your question, but I was on some called citalopram for a short period… Told the doctor I drive for a living and he said they was no issue with them specific meds, I personally wouldn’t mention it…

Don’t tell the DVLA anything.

Sertraline is no good unless you have been properly tested for depression, anxiety etc. Stay well away as any drug that changes chemicals in the brain is never good. Just google Sertraline or Zololoft(us version) side affects. Most gp’s will dish out anti-depressants willy nilly nowadays so just say no until they send you for proper testing in front of a psychiatrist and or other mental health professional.

Muffy1982:
Sertraline is no good unless you have been properly tested for depression, anxiety etc. Stay well away as any drug that changes chemicals in the brain is never good. Just google Sertraline or Zololoft(us version) side affects. Most gp’s will dish out anti-depressants willy nilly nowadays so just say no until they send you for proper testing in front of a psychiatrist and or other mental health professional.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

which they wont,unless your so bad you wouldnt be allowed to drive anyway…DONT…tell your doc what your job is,and DONT tell dvla anything…unless you want your doc to dob you in and have them revoke your licence. if there as mild antis as that,then you dont need them.look in the mirror every morning and tell yourself your not a fanny,and get on with it.the fact you got out of bed and pulled on both socks means theres plenty of people worse off than you.n matter what anti you get…look at the side effects on the sheet.after you read them you wont take them,unless you go for stronger/different ones.then read that sheet and you wont take them either…pills or not,you wake up to the same day.