Driver Hours feedback

tachograph:
I don’t know if you’ve mentioned it in your final document but something a lot of new drivers fail to remember/understand is that the daily rest period must be completed within the 24 hour period, it’s worth mentioning if you haven’t already :wink:

Maybe something similar to this.

muckles:
Breaks, Rests, Duty times.

Daily Rest 11 hours, can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods-

• (The daily rest period must be completed within 24 hours from the start of the shift, any rest that falls outside of the 24 hour period does not count towards the daily rest period)

I sort of covered it with Duty times, by saying any duty time over 13 hours was considered a reduced rest period,
but as yours is the technically correct explanation and it might make more sense to some people I’ve also added it to the OP and the word document. :slight_smile:
I think we’re getting something that is an accurate, easy to understand and useful explanation of the Regs. :wink:

Just out of curiosity, how come you have such a knowledge of the Regs?
Are you a trainer or a driver with a photographic memory? :laughing:
To sign up to a Truck driver forum with a moniker of Tachograph could be a asking for a fall, :laughing: but as far as I know nobody has tripped you up yet.