tanker companies

Alec:
Hi ADR, re the AEC v8s Air Products were the biggest single user of the model. When I started in 1984 they still had one of the old Mandators that was used for shunting but that one had the in line 760 engine .at that time they had gone onto the Volvo 290s (talk about out of the frying pan and into the fire) as they were not to successful either.the name of some of the drivers at my time there from 84 to 2004 were Ken Danson,Ray Lloyd,Alan Thorpe, Mick Coppell, ( shop steward) and his brother John, Barny Armstrong,Pete Bennet, Colin Mairs, Geoff Lever, Matt Long, Bill Taylor,Frank Harris, Alan Reid, Joe Collins, and dozens of others from different depots round the country,I retired in 2004 then did part time work for Apex at Walkden until last year. Best firm in the country to work for bar none , even when Wincanton took over the transport in 1994, it was still a very good job. PS, I do remember Jimmy Wright, I think when he left he opened. A driver training school.

Hi Alec. Couple of names I recognise. If its the same Jimmy Wright worked with him at Humko Trafford Park late 1970s and he moved to Air Products Carrington about 1982. I worked with a Joe Collins at MAT T/Park mid 1970s.