Driver Hours feedback

tachograph:

muckles:
Breaks, Rests, Duty times.

Daily Rest 11 hours, can be reduced to 9 hours 3 times a week.
Daily rest period can be reduced to no less than 9 hours 3 times between weekly rest periods.
yep will change that, as it’s a more accurate way of putting it. this does show the problem with the regulations for newbies about fixed weeks and period between weekly rest periods
Maximum duty time13 hours, can be extended to 15 hours 3 times a week. (A duty time of more than 13 hours is also considered to be a reduced Daily Rest)
As above, 3 times between weekly rest periods not per week.Again more accurate way of wording it.

Duty time isn’t mentioned in the regulations, the 13 and 15 hour shifts are a direct result of the daily rest periods, ie, unless a split daily rest period is taken any shift of more than 13 hours is a reduced daily rest period because you cannot have a regular 11 hour daily rest period in the 24 hour period.
I understand that, but a new driver in fact many drivers think in terms of time on duty as well as rest periods, so I included it to help.
Daily Rest can be split into 2 separate periods one must be of at least 8 hours and the other of at least 3 hours. (if done this way it’s not considered to be a reduced Daily Rest period)
Daily rest can be split into 2 seperate parts the first of which must be at-least 3 hours and the second must be at-least 9 hours not 8.
All I can say is :blush: but it was the reason I wanted other to look over it as it doesn’t matter how many time you read it you an miss an obvious mistake.
Running over Hours.

If due to unforeseen circumstances you run over your hours, write an explanation on the back of your Tachograph or on the back of a digital tachograph printout.
You can only legally run over your hours to get to a suitable parking place.
Good point will be added.
Working Time Directive

• Any time worked between midnight and 4am is considered to be night work.
00:00 to 04:00 for goods vehicle drivers, 01:00 to 05:00 for PCV drivers.
wasn’t really doing it for PCV, might leave that for Busnet :smiley:
A minimum 15 break must be taken within the first 6 hours work.
A minimum of 15 minutes must be taken before exceeding 6 hours working time not within 6 hours.
Yep it made sense to me, but this is why I wanted others to read it and check it.

Thanks I hoped you’d check it, as you obviusly know your stuff and also have a way of keeping it simple. I will update the word doc. :smiley:
Now how would you word Evil8Beezle suggestion about driving hours being re-set after a break, but not losing the remaining hours from your total driving time?