Head injury, temp can't drive

teatime:
animal & The Bear,
you 2 seem to be indestructible, back up when kicked down , good on yer,chins up :smiley:

Tea time

It’s because I absolutely refuse to give in to this disease, Teatime. It ‘kills’ me at times but I will not bend to it. It is now 18 months since I got taken down and things haven’t really improved. I had the fitting for the CPAP machine and I now call it my mistress … I can’t go to bed without it. I sleep better now than I have for years. I have just finally been told by my cardiologist that they will only need to see me once a year and in about 6 months time they may take the monitor out. I have an enlarged aorta (sp) but there is eff all they can do about it as I am not well enough to undergo an operation. Unfortunately my lungs are screwed … I am very susceptible to infection and ended up in hospital 4 times last year with chest infections which normally put me on my back. Back last January I was admitted and bad enough to end up in ICU for 4 days … I knew nothing about it. Even getting up and walking into the kitchen leaves me breathless. BUT I still refuse to let it beat me.
I went on holiday last year to Cyprus and will be going again in Sep God willing. Over the last 10 months my relationship with my partner has improved greatly and although we still live apart, we are the best of friends and she came on holiday with me last year and looked after me.
If what the consultant told me last Jan is correct then I have another 12 months before I need an undertaker … in the meantime, I am having fun and doing as much as I can manage. That said, I know I have another infection at the moment and have an appointment in the morning so expect to be back in hospital tomorrow :astonished:(
As that saying goes… How the mighty are fallen