Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Hi all knowing Saviem likes a tipple it made me wonder that in all the time he spent in France he must have sampled Calvados. Remembering my first trip with a truck to Amiens with synthetic rubber shipping via Caen in the early 70’s, being led by two seasoned International drivers. At the evening meal stop they introduced me to Calvados or rather café / calva as it was known, first to sip a little the rest into the coffee. My father who spoke fluent French and had many associates within France one being a farmer who once a year was visited by the travelling still and what ever amount needed doing was done, this I might add was vastly more potent than the bottle variety that you could buy, sometimes put through the process twice so was bordering on rocket fuel, don’t know if it is still done today, cheers Buzzer.

Hello Buzzer…In Betagne we have Couchen (Chouchenn in Breton)…an aperitif, its a form or mead fermented in honey water ( preferbly buckwheat honey) with about a 15% alchohol level… Still a lot of “homemade” in d.i.y stills in our area…( bit like moonshine is, in the Appalachian mountains in the States)…one small glass is enough for me, or else I fall over… :wink: