Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Davidoff:

pv83:
A “heavy” pair I’ve spotted at a Daf workshop in Perpignan :sunglasses:

Patrick

Hi Patrick

Lovely motors those are.
The first one, if not modified (especially the headlights in the radiator grill) will in all likelihood be a TRH320 with Berliet’s naturally-aspirated V8. This would date her back to somewhere around 1974-1976. Very small chance she might be a straight-6 TRH280 but those were extremely rare in 6x4 execution.

Second one is given away by her beige dashboard and would thus be a representative from the very early days after Berliet + Saviem became Renault Véhicules Industriels or RVI, so somewhere between 1981 and 1983. She might be a straight-6 turbocharged R310, but i presume more likely an R360 with her turbocharged V8, the direct successor to Berliet’s TRH350.

I expect John “SAVIEM” in his Renaultphile will put me right somewhere on the above… :blush:

Very, very well-kept vehicles in any case. True eye candy.
Thanks for having posted these pictures.

No worries mate, don’t know if they’re still out and about, I’ve taken the pics about 5 or 6 years ago…

I remember on a another occasion though, being saved by an “old” Berliet, this was on a steep hill at Vesoul on the RN19 coming in from Belfort, the drive shaft on the left just snapped (now that’s Scania quility for ya :imp: ), so after ringing Scania assistence, some dodgy looking Berliet turned up, driver stepped out and asked me if I had some sort of problem… Obviously, I told him. He hooked up and his last question was what the overall weight was, told him was about 70T, and wasn’t that going to be a problem for the Berliet…? He just smiled, got in the cab, lowered his window, put his thumb up, I did the same, and… Well what happend then was just unbelieveble, I just heard the rouring of a massive V8 engine (or so I thought) and it pulled me easily up that hill and into the nearest Scania workshop. And since that day I’ve became a massive fan of the older french marques :laughing:
Only downside is that it happended all so quickly that I didn’t got the chance to make some pics… :blush: