Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

And since there seems to be a resurgence in SAURERs of late, I might as well share a few pictures I took at a SAURER gathering in the small town of Aigle, not for from where I live, in spring this year.

Saurer did not only supply lorries, they once owned almost the whole entire Swiss local public transport market, bar a sprinkling of NEOPLANs and MB O303s.

Here’s a few.

Still with the original skibox on the back. This is an interesting one, she belongs to my mate Anthony who converted her to a mobile home. He is also a Scania afficionado and for a long time drove a 580hp 164 V8 for everyday work. Click on the picture, close up and check out his numberplate :smiley:

FBW (Franz Brozincevic & Cie., Wetzikon). Here is a little history (in German - sorry gents): fbw.ch/. Please select “8-Geschichte” then “Die FBW-Saga”

A stunning piece of restoration this is.

RHD was a very common occurrence until well into the 70s. This solution offered much better visibility on the roadside in case of tight crossings etc. Not a bad workplace, considering that this motor was first on the road in 1957, don’t you think?