Saviem's fan club (Part 1)

Fergie47:
Junior…that last picture you posted of the tractors, the one with the blue chassis, red wheels, grey engine…in the '60’s, the British lorry manufacturers use to stick a cab on that, and call it a lorry, we use to think they were great, till some of us came to Europe and saw proper lorries… :unamused: :cry:

Well David, this lorry’s owner was as friendly as all the other participants in this rally, and was kind enough to let me climb into the cab and take a few pictures.

If I am very honest I thought it looked like quite a compelling workplace, given its age.

Admittedly, my left leg felt awkwardly close to the gearstick but then I am 6ft8 so I guess that wasn’t exactly standard dimension back then…
One other observation I made is that the wheel really does look quite off-centre so I imagine this might have caused some twisted backs.

Did those huge windscreens not offer unequalled forward view, better than any continental contemporary vehicle??

Perhaps I have rose spectacles on but really I think it is quite a nice lorry. Also, the restoration is top class so she really does look like new from factory which helps…

And that straight-8 Gardner engine really is quite something. I shot two videos but somehow they won’t upload to my youtube so that will be for later…

Speak later gentlemen

Bonne nuit