DAF XF105 Engine Problem

Hello! I have a engine problem to a Daf xf105! It is telling me Engine Problem on the screen and a red STOP in the same time with the error but after I stop the engine it dissapears and comes back after a while again!!!. I can say that the problem appears only when I carry huge loafs like 25 tones, when I go empty it has no fault . I just took the Truck 2 days ago from Daf service ,solving a evacuation problem and they said that everything is fine. Same day this error appeared when I was going out of a bay with the load on it. Anyone knows something please■■? Thank you

One of our 07 XFs is playing up at the moment, when it’s running the revs will either drop off (but not stall) or rise rapidly (power surge) and the engine warning light comes on, (great fun when your pulling out or in a tight place), this only happens intermittantly and our local mechanic can’t find the problem (no surprise there :confused: ) As anybody else had this problem, is it the electronics playing up, or is it just muck on a sensor?

Any useful comments will be welcome :confused:

ONLY useful comment i can make is burn it :laughing: its a down hill kettle boiling racer! :wink: sorry i just had to say it

globby 480:
ONLY useful comment i can make is burn it :laughing: its a down hill kettle boiling racer! :wink: sorry i just had to say it

I can only agree we have 4 of the waste of space duffs
2x 07s 2x57s plates
1 of the 07s does the same cuts power at traffic lights, roundabouts,anywhere. I took it back Friday night with 8 faults showing :unamused: got Daf out switched it on nothing at all hatefull piece of [zb]
Now the rest have started to do the same :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

the big un:

globby 480:

I can only agree we have 4 of the waste of space duffs
2x 07s 2x57s plates
1 of the 07s does the same cuts power at traffic lights, roundabouts,anywhere. I took it back Friday night with 8 faults showing :unamused: got Daf out switched it on nothing at all hatefull piece of [zb]
Now the rest have started to do the same :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

next time, take it to the dealer and leave it running right outside the main door to the service department, preferrably with the exhaust pointing towards the door that you accidentally leave open :wink:

oh, and take the remote central locking fob off the keyring and lock it with the engine running, this way, they can’t turn it off and they will get someone out to check it asap :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

worked for me at [zb] up & Sheisters in Leicester a couple of times :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Ours are done by Brian cant fix that mate till next week Curries
They are all leased but ive heard theyre all going to be sent back replaced with scannies :frowning:

As a rather unhelpful post compared to the others, it might be just taking in air to the fuel system, leaking pipe or summat! or maybe the rest are right and it is only zb Scanias that are 100% reliable…

Nowt wrong with the truck, just change the garage

Wheel Nut:
As a rather unhelpful post compared to the others, it might be just taking in air to the fuel system, leaking pipe or summat! or maybe the rest are right and it is only zb Scanias that are 100% reliable…

The firm has had new fuel filters the pumps tested lines blown through,the engine controller ecu changed
but nothings changed the fuel consumption is a very worrying 6mpg on one and between 7-7.5mpg on the others :open_mouth:

You must have a Friday afternoon one or something.

Anyway, just for reference, what engine and gearbox does this one have ?

the big un:

Wheel Nut:

The firm has had new fuel filters the pumps tested lines blown through,the engine controller ecu changed
but nothings changed the fuel consumption is a very worrying 6mpg on one and between 7-7.5mpg on the others :open_mouth:

It used to be called “Hunting” which meant it was hunting for fuel to create the big bang. I bet it has a leaking or a cracked pipe, but the fitters laptop computer wont find that, you need an old fashioned mechanic with a good ear :stuck_out_tongue:

first, change the fuel filter, as the seal is probably broken. fitters don’t know how to put on a filter. get a chimp to do it. make sure he puts some oil/grease on the seal before fitting.
if it’s still hunting check the fuel pipes for cracks. have any of the fuel pipes got paint on them. the thinners makes them brittle.

Get the valve on the ad-blue tank checked, these are prone to crystallizing on the XF.
Might be might not be.

howatsi:
One of our 07 XFs is playing up at the moment, when it’s running the revs will either drop off (but not stall) or rise rapidly (power surge) and the engine warning light comes on, (great fun when your pulling out or in a tight place), this only happens intermittantly and our local mechanic can’t find the problem (no surprise there :confused: ) As anybody else had this problem, is it the electronics playing up, or is it just muck on a sensor?

Any useful comments will be welcome :confused:

Thanks for the replies guys, the local mechanic could find nothing wrong with it (no surprise there!!!) so it’s been sent down to the main dealer in Cork to have the ECU checked out, the quest continues :confused:

my guvnor told me we are having mercs next year so our 105’s are going…so might i lol

Ben9:
Get the valve on the ad-blue tank checked, these are prone to crystallizing on the XF.
Might be might not be.

ive just had mine changed and that cured the problem so that might be the problem but all i got was the engine management light come on
:unamused:

of your loosing revs, it could be the throttle potentiometer!! hope this helps!!

I have a 510 105 with variouse intermittant and on going faults since new. Cruise Control will not always engage or stay in,when this happens i use variable limiter which apart from one time has always worked.This truck has now developed a new fault with a slight delay between throttle and engine response.This week it had its second Dowsing unit fitted,exactly 12 months after first replacement when 5 months old.
In my oppinion this is the most unrelible truck i have ever owned based on number of call outs and unschedueled repairs needed.
This is a shame as its performance and economy( 7.0 to 8.74 mpg)on bulk is great.I have run two FH 12s, an 95 400,an 95 530,anR112 333 and an R143 450 that i never had as much stress or problems with over the years as i have had with present 105.
Is there anybody else with problems with Cruise , Ad-Blu,Manual clutch wear/bite point,Low to high range lever shift loads and has any advice as i have less than 8 months warranty left. :frowning: :frowning: