Child's funeral

It’s not nice attending a child’s funeral. One of my neighbour’s had gone out for the evening leaving the eldest of 5 (aged 16) in charge of the younger 4. The youngest (boy aged 4) was in his bunk bed on the top deck. Somehow he had managed to roll between the bed and wall and was caught by his neck. He had been there a while when he was found upon his mam’s return. I was in bed asleep as I was on early shift the next day. The next thing I know is the bedroom light going on and my wife screaming that Danny (the little boy) is dead on our living room carpet. His mam knew that I was a first aider and brought him to me. I got dressed quickly and went downstairs to see the little boy motionless on the floor. I immediately told my wife to call 999 and I started CPR, I went into autopilot and switched off, getting on with the job in hand. It took over 20 minutes for the fast response paramedic! to arrive, the paramedic asked if I knew what I was doing, I told him I was a first aid trainer and I was happy to continue whilst he got his equipment ready. We continued working on the little boy for another 10 minutes until the ambulance arrived. He was rushed to hospital but was dead on arrival. What made it worse was I kept the mother company when she went into labour with the little boy in the first place, so I saw him into the world and out of it. :frowning: