London Bus.

Every time i go through the Dartford crossing i see a double deck London Bus parked in the VOSA, area with people on the top deck looking at screens both day and night any ideas what they are up to.

I believe they are there to check for Hazardous loads that have not pulled into the check area, and also ab loads that have also not pulled in. I was following a foreigner into the tunnel and he had the orange plates up, and once we had gone by the bus and before we got to the tunnel the traffic lights went red and the barriers came down in front of him. Next the green turn left filter came on. They had to put the filter light on 6 times before he got the message to pull off. No wonder the tunnel jams up as bad as it did with the booths. They should have somebody there to wave them off once they have been stopped.

Was Cliff Richard in the drivers seat?

Suedehead:

Yes he was with Una Stubbs and Malcolm Hayes assisting.

I was going over the crossing last week.

Vosa change the traffic lights n send the lorry they want into the bay’s.

amamdada:

Suedehead:

Yes he was with Una Stubbs and Malcolm Hayes assisting.

Is Malcolm a relative of Melvyn?

Millions of £s spent converting the whole Tunnel area and it takes 2 people sitting on the top deck of an old London Bus spotting the Hazardous Vehicles that have missed the slip road to the control area.

You couldn’t make it up.

fodentanker:
Millions of £s spent converting the whole Tunnel area and it takes 2 people sitting on the top deck of an old London Bus spotting the Hazardous Vehicles that have missed the slip road to the control area.

You couldn’t make it up.

That is spot on!

Good job these drivers not pulling in are obliging enough to be displaying hazard symbols on the trailer…

What do they do if they only “suspect” - which would surely be a more serious issue IF the truck hard “unmarked” hazardous on?

Dartford NB approach is like bloody customs now… I reckon Kent should go it’s seperate way from Essex anyways. Stick it on June’s ballot paper.
Essex is such a dump, and yet the jobs there always seem to pay more like for like, especially around Chelmsford area… :grimacing: :imp:

fodentanker:

You couldn’t make it up.

Wot happens if the hazard vehicle has tried hard to play it right, and got into the 16’6" lane (cos he’s 15’11" for instance…) only to find themselves shooting straight through on the right?