Bubble

I think we are all softies over our pets.
We had a lovely cat walked in several years ago, clean, well looked after, decided she wanted to stay with us.
After asking around and putting an add in he paper shop, no one came forward to claim her so she stayed.
Took her to the vets for a check up and she was estimated to be about 8 years old.
We had her for 15years before she started to become incontinent and lose control of her legs.
Cats know when the end is near, and will usually go away and find a place to die.
Every time our Katie went to the vets, it was a fight to get her into her travel box, then at the vets it was a fight to get her out.
I had asked the vet when will I know he’s had enough, and the vet just said, you will know.
The last few days we had been spoon feeding her, but came the morning when she couldn’t stand up I knew that the time had come.
I carried her round the garden where she used to roam and whispered in her ear, and although she had ceased to be vocal some weeks earlier, she meowed to me, she knew what was happening, and I wept.
She struggled into her travel box and was no trouble getting out at the vets, she knew what she’d come for. they wrapped her in a towel, shaved some hair from her paw and gave he an injection, a nurse taking her pulse said within 10 seconds she was gone.
We’d had her for 15 years, so she was about 22 when she left us, but what a hole it left in our lives. She was not just a cat or a pet, she was one of the family.
Even now after she’s been gone over two years we still miss her to bits. When sitting in our living room some evenings, something in the corner of my eye makes me turn suddenly to the chair she used to lie on, but it’s only a cushion that’s caught my eye.
I feel your pain over the loss of Bubble, didn’t think pets could get you like his!