Medical today

As my HGV entitlement expires on 6th September I was waiting for the documents to arrive from the DVLA, and as they were getting late I got a D4 and D2 from the post office last week.
I had made an appointment with my optician as I had my second cataract operation since my last licence renewal.
I had left it too late to get an appointment with my usual doctor, (At £30 the best there is!), so I used a firm I used last year, called Cotswold Medicals, who hold medicals at different places around the country. Last year I was able to get an appointment here in town, but this year they had not got a free spot here but as I wanted the medical quickly as I’m going on holiday this week, I did not mind travelling to Chester. The cost with this firm is £58.00.
Anyway the D4 and D47P arrived from the DVLA at the weekend.
At the opticians yesterday, although I have had both cataracts done, my vision had deteriorated again because the lining where the new lens fits grows thick and you think you have cataracts again. However, I made the grade with new specs, but I have to have laser surgery in the near future.
I went for the medical today, and in the waiting room were two settees, and sat on one of them was a guy who was so overweight, when his name was called, he had to rock himself several times to get to a standing position, by which time he was out of breath!
I breezed in and got all the right boxes ticked so I don’t see any problem.

Did you consider simply changing the photo on your licence and getting a free 5 years :question:

CAVEAT - providing you had not had a licence issued since Oct 2012

ROG:
Did you consider simply changing the photo on your licence and getting a free 5 years :question:

Of course I did, but with having to renew my licence every year at my age, (72), I don’t thing they’d give me one for 5 years.
Unlike the overweight chappie at the same medical, he couldn’t have been over 50, and obviously I don’t know if he passed, but he must suffer with high blood pressure and maybe diabetes, he would have been better off changing his photo, but then again, this is where the photo dodge could backfire.
This lad was not in the best of health, and IF he had changed his photo and got a new five year licence, then suffered some medical problem while out driving, who carries the can?

bestbooties:

ROG:

Of course I did, but with having to renew my licence every year at my age, (72), I don’t thing they’d give me one for 5 years.
Unlike the overweight chappie at the same medical, he couldn’t have been over 50, and obviously I don’t know if he passed, but he must suffer with high blood pressure and maybe diabetes, he would have been better off changing his photo, but then again, this is where the photo dodge could backfire.
This lad was not in the best of health, and IF he had changed his photo and got a new five year licence, then suffered some medical problem while out driving, who carries the can?

As yours is annual then that would not work for you

I think I mentioned in another post that getting a free 5 years and then getting a free NHS health check is a way of saving money and covering health issues

ROG:

Ahhh. My Photo is also 10 Year old.
Seems its my Day today.
Already found 2 Things i didnt think of. Just going to get a Lotto Ticket. Maybe it helps there too :wink: