TRUCKIN IN THE 80's (International)

pimmer73:

MolePower:
taken me a good 3 hours to go through this topic , great pics & stories although i dont think this particular post was followed up ,having said that i’ve trawled through a lot of pics this morning sorry if i have missed it

truckerash:

routier:
Ash, do you know if Andrews and Bond became Central ? Just spotted a pic on another site, and it rings a bell, Im sure they changed their name when they started to sink.My dad had left well by then and went to Transfreeze.

mate. the only Central i know was Central Road Transport from Somerset.

yes…i know this isnt an 80’s photo, but im saving the best Central pics from that era, for another night :frowning: Probably do a “SouthWest” companies therme.
**routier:**do you hav anymore info on your Central. eg: location livery, etc etc:? and can you put on here, the “other site” you saw the pic on, so i can see pelase :wink:

bubbleman found this for me as i was trying to find my first truck as it turned out it was EX-CRT

i had it when it looked like this

although it did spend time in an orange livery for yeobridge transport & then as stemwest , it also went european for yeobridge although i cant find any pics in the orange livery for either yeobridge or stemwest
as far as i know CRT are still trading but as Crewkerne Refridgerated Transport & not Central Road Transport & run XF units

CRT mate first trip i ever done in an artic was subbing for them in an old c reg renault euroliner for a bloke called owen brownsey ?

Just to correct you Pimmer it was a Renault Turboliner 310