Online theory test

Honest answers only please

worlddrivingschools.com/cgi- … gi?style=1

28/35 sorry you have failed :frowning:

simon

I’ve just had a go at it and I got the same as you Simon 28/35! I guess that means I’d better brush up on my Highway Code :blush:

31/35 :frowning: best i brush up.

34 out of 35

pam

31/35 however, there was a couple of dodgy questions in there:

Question 9, Rear wheel skids may be caused by

braking too hard during an emergency stop
approaching a bend too fast
the failure of your ABS system
not anticipating changing traffic lights

1 answer required, and it is B, not A

Question 15, Your vehicle pulls to one side when you brake. What is the most likely cause of the problem. ?

Incorrect tyre pressure
Low brake fluid level
Your handbrake is still on
Poorly adjusted brakes

The answer is D, not B

Question 27, You are driving on a narrow country lane. Where do you find it most difficult to see horses and riders ahead of you. ?

When travelling downhill
On left-hand bends
On right-hand bends
When travelling uphill

The textbook answer is B, not C. The author obvoiusly does not drive single track roads with high hedges.

Question 35, You want to move off from a parked position. The road is busy with traffic passing from behind. You should:-

Wait without signalling for a safe gap in the traffic.
Give a signal and move away as soon as someone flashes you.
Signal while waiting for a gap in the traffic.
Edge your way into the traffic until someone gives way to you.

The correct answer apparently is A, not C. Whatever happened to MSM?

33/35 - misunderstood the cyclist one, though they meant him turning right not you turning left, and the signalling whilst waiting for a gap to pull out into traffic - i would and do! :slight_smile:

33/35

Two wrong:

1. What causes rear wheel skids?

My answer: Too much braking in an emergency stop, which I maintain is the right answer. If you go barrelling into a bend too fast, you are more likely to lose your front end as you frantically wind the steering on.

Or maybe they mean you will lose your back end as you brake and steer into the bend?

1. Moving off from parked.

My answer: Sit there with your indicator going. If you’re on a really busy road, you’re going to rely on somebody letting you out and they need to know that you want to come out.

first time i got 28, then 27 then 32, so id better brush up myself before i even contemplate class one!!!

regards

kev

Clanger:
Question 35, You want to move off from a parked position. The road is busy with traffic passing from behind. You should:-

this is accepted practice for learners now, you signal once you have seen the gap to pull into, this is especially true for large vehicle tests, if you signal while waiting it is seen as intimidating other road users into giving way. absolute rubbish if you ask me

:smiley:

To my surprise I got them all right! I did find the questions rather easy and very common-sense like.

I’m surprised so many of you got the question about waiting to pull out into moving traffic wrong. I have always understood that you wait there until there is a gap in the traffic, then check mirrors once again, signal, look over shoulder into blind-spot for any cyclists or whatever then move off.

Brgds

Speedy

Saxon:

Clanger:

this is accepted practice for learners now, you signal once you have seen the gap to pull into, this is especially true for large vehicle tests, if you signal while waiting it is seen as intimidating other road users into giving way. absolute rubbish if you ask me

Another bad decision by the DSA. In my day we were taught to signal our intentions, but the current policy in relation to starting off merely encourages new drivers to signal their actions rather than their intentions. Hence we now have a generation of new motorists who aren’t really sure when, and if, to signal as exemplified by a current thread in the PDF concerning roundabouts.

Err, do I signal my intention, or do I signal my action. :confused: I can’t remember so I won’t bother in that case. :roll:

I scored 32/35 :blush: .

The ones I got wrong where:-
Horn, I couldn’t find the answer I was looking for (11pm - 7am) and picked the wrong one.
Horses, I wanted to indicate right, forgetting I had already started to slow down.
Puncture on the motorway, I wanted to just get on with changing it, without bothering the emergency services.

I thought the question aabout not overtaking a cyclist was very unclear.

31/35.

Brakes pulling to one side, sounds like low tyre pressure to me (unless drums are common on car front axles again), rear wheel skids occur when taking a bend to fast not while approching it (yes, I had a Capri!) and the indictaing… and, oh, your supposed to stop at trffic lights!

Martin.

29/35 :blush: :blush:
Waiting to pull out. As others have said indicate your intention not action.
Cyclist question was unclear
Poor tyre pressure will cause a vehile to pull to one side under braking.
Obviously need to read the highway code again :open_mouth: It’s only just over a year since I sat the theory test for my bike licence :blush: