Drawings from past to future

This is a shot of the actual Octopus HEO557 the model is based on in the Museum at Leyland,this was the first of two Power Plus Octopus’s Brady bought with 557 first reg on 6:11:61 and this one only pulled a trailer for a very short time early on and then it was operated solo.The second Octopus JEO192 was new into service the following year 31:5:62 and it was this motor that Eric Poss and me were on. JEO192 pulled a trailer continuously for about five years and finished its final days running solo with Tuborg beer tanks from Felixstowe into London I believe,it was scrapped in December 1968 after a bloody hard life.I left Brady’s in Jan 68 to start on my own as an O/D and I don’t think the Octopus pulled a trailer much after my time and my mate Eric started at Bowater Scotts not long after I left.The days of having to have a mate on a wagon and trailer were swept away with the 1968 Transport act.The previous shot I put on of the LAD Beaver HEO678 was first registered on 3:1:62.Cheers Bewick.