Drawings from past to future

Bewick:

sammyopisite:

Bewick:

bma.finland:
a mate to the Seddon :wink: cheers benkku

Our ERF’s never had large drivers seats in the cab like that one you have drawn bma. Looks like it will be very comfortable to sit on though :wink: Great drawing as per usual bma. :sunglasses: I ran 4 “A” Series ERF’s on the fleet just like that one,gave us very good service but the Atkinson Borderer was always my favourite British motor.Hope you are keeping well and going easy on the Lager mate :unamused: :wink: Cheers Benkku Dennis.

Dennis I never drove a A series but were the seats like some of the over wagons of the time a bit of up-holsted plastic on a frame or box that rattled your spine :unamused: :laughing:

cheers Johnnie :wink:

Both the “A” Series and the Atky Mk11’s used the Chapman Superide seats as their standard fitment and they were both cheap and nasty Johnnie,I replaced all ours with Bostroms which was the same as Volvo and Scania used as their standard seat.I recall having a right barney with ERF’s at their Middlewhich Service centre once about the drivers seat on a new “A” Series we double shifted and which two Chapman seats were demolished in 6 months,they couldn’t/wouldn’t have it even though they had the motor back in their workshops,they claimed that the seats had been tested with up to 30st on them,the night man was around 17st but the day man was only about 11st IIRC,on the second occasion I was having none of it I demanded they fitted a new Bostrom,and guess what out of their stores came a new Bostrom in matching covering to the passenger seat :open_mouth: End of problem and that seat lasted until the motor was relegated to yard shunter over 10 years later.Cheers Dennis.

You’re right Dennis: I can’t understand why ERF didn’t use Bostrom drivers’ seats in their domestic lorries. They used them in the NGC ‘European’ and if they’d had any sense they should have used them in the A-series if only to dispel the ‘gaffers motor’ image. But we can’t rewrite history! Robert