Scania 164-580 for sale at Roy Humphrey

I am going to view said truck on wednesday (one of 4 ) . they are white / light blue. I believe they belonged to a company from Belguim called BRBT (or similar). Does anyone know anything about them or anyone who drove for them , the trucks are right hand drive so might have had british drivers .

Are they those BVRB (or something) Romantiek motors? I know theyre like a white/blue colour, have seen them down the dock a lot.

Mal.

It certainaly looks like an ex BVRB Romatiek motor, the current name of MGH (Meddleshom Group haulage) based in suffolk.
This firm are constantly in trouble for illegal running, hence the company operating on a Belgium O Licence. its owners have survived several attemps at being closed down by Traffic Commisioners and the Police.
Clear your mind and think of words like mileage, gross weights, speed limiters, then add the word cowboys and see what your imagination conjures up.
If you do buy this motor, for goodness sake have it respayed, as you will be a certain pull for any VOSA road check.
If you want anymore info on BVRB, put a post on the drivers forum, as this firm were discussed on the old forum, with loads of replies, non very positive in their favour.

I know a lad who drove one of them and he reckons if you double the recorded kilometers, then you will be close an accurate reading.

I went to view the truck on wednesday , well speced up but to many unanswered questions , no service history [Belguim truck he said] ,only 400,000 Ks on a three and a half year old ? then told me he had only had to spend £1500.00 to get it through mot . That sent the alarm bells ringing so I walked away plus he wants £52.000 for it . HE IS HAVIN A TINBATH !!! :wink: :wink:

V8 SCANNY:
only 400,000 Ks on a three and a half year old ?

I’ve got a Magnum the same age and thats got 600,000kms on it.

well if we’re bragging, my topline has just gone over 700k and it was born on 1/06/00 :laughing: :laughing:

paul

DOH!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: 1/07/00 :laughing: :laughing:

PAUL

My Sedd Acks got 379,056 on right now, second tacho tho! ■■■■■■■ geezer! :sunglasses:

Mal.

Mine was on the road 1/8/2001 and its got a whopping 68,000 now :smiley: :smiley:

cheers
STEVE

v8scanny hanbury davis have got some ex continental express topline 480&580 toplines for £43 grand :laughing:

Mal:
Are they those BVRB (or something) Romantiek motors? I know theyre like a white/blue colour, have seen them down the dock a lot.

Mal.

BVBA Romantiek is what you were trying to think of Mal. The few guys of theirs I met were ■■■■■■■■■■ Told one he had a brake light out and he said “so? the other one’s working innit so keep your fat nose out”. :confused:

ATKIG11:
Mine was on the road 1/8/2001 and its got a whopping 68,000 now :smiley: :smiley:

cheers
STEVE

your bit of string is even shorter than mine :smiling_imp:

Them are the ones Rob, come to think of it, last year one of them tried to bodge me in a container yard down the dock, I think it was TB’s old yard. Needless to say, geezers in new motors will seldom risk the damage when push comes to shove! :wink:

Mal.

Denis F:

ATKIG11:

cheers
STEVE

your bit of string is even shorter than mine :smiling_imp:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nights out what are they then??
Is that something that happens after it gets dark !!!

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

cheers
STEVE