Axminster transport

Cliff luxton:
Need to keep this going .
I have just spent an hour with Peter Baulch and he has kindly lent me some more pictures which I need to scan later,meanwhile here is another of mine.This is Dave I think he was the first driver of the F89.

what a great little thread Cliff. I had forgotten about those trucks and that iconic livery.
Peter sounds like a great fella. Can we have some more info about him, how he started and the man himself??

I gather from posts that you are a landlord in West Bay these days? I once drove to the West Bay Hotel with a bunch of friends in my pride and joy a Daimler V8 2.5 ( 85 quid , wish I had it now! ) Anyway, towed a caravan down and parked on the cliff… I doubt you can do that now!
Come Sunday after a very wild weekend we set off for home after 4 of us spent the night in the car. It was Wimborne before any of us realised that the caravan was still on the cliff Cliff. :laughing:
As I remember that would have been 1972.
Also , a year or so later I was working for a bloke in London driving a Bedford TK and had a regular multi drop run through Devon and Cornwall. West bay was always an overnight on the way home… Happy Days . Hope you are well, I must get to a SOFA do before everyone dies… Will be handy to pick up the 120 Escudos shady owes me from 1981. :laughing: