Gall Bladder

mjallby:
I had my gall bladder out through keyhole surgery, drove myself to a & e worst pain I’ve ever suffered.

My first gall bladder attack seems to also have caused a pancreatitis attack which the hospital blamed on acohol at the time because the inflammation was too bad to show the gall stones on the ultra sound and CT.That’s in another league of pain. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: Then the zb thing went quiet again for a while until it started kicking off again recently a few years later.Luckily they found the stones this time and got rid of the thing.Like the appendix the gall bladder is a useless piece of junk that can cause massive damage and/or easily kill even worse with all the complications it can set up regards pancreatitis.Which makes the bit of pain and relatively short recovery time of the op to remove it well worth it.

Having said that I’m still wary of drinking much if anything now. :frowning: Knowing the link between booze and pancreatitis and not really brave enough to gamble on even the slightest chance that my gall bladder attacks and pancreatitis attack might have just been a coincidence and not linked.