ERFs with 4MW cabs RHD & LHD

ERF:

3300John:
in many books it tells you MJ2711 is the first ERF.

MJ2711 (chassis 63) was rebuilt in the 1970’s using at least two donor C.I. ERF’s wasn’t it John?. I have all the photos somewhere - including the donors used, one other of which I think was chassis 88. In one photo they had managed to snap in half the original “E.R. Foden & Son Diesel” radiator badge!.

hiya when they found the lorry it was used as a tipper in a quarry. the top half passenger side of the cab was missing and it had a sheet of corrugated sheet going over the drivers roof and down to the bonnet and out over the passenger seat. the chassis was cut of at the rear springs.
I made a length of chassis from a drawing from 16 gauge steel what was tacked in place to make the chassis correct. away it went and a new chassis arrived…WRONG… it was the wrong gauge steel so away it went and another new chassis was made. an older retired chap about 70 years come into the wood shed and made the cab from memory which fitted straight on the mountains . the cab was made 3 years before the lorry was ever started. the lorry sat outside for a few years. Des Holford made the sheet steel front panel with a little help from me on the wheeling machine…walking back and forwards for about 2 days putting shape and strength into the metal. the cab roof is sticks so that was covered by the trim shop…i don’t know what was done to the engine or where it went but the gearbox was a mighty problem thats where a donor lorry might have come from…MJ2711 was going to shows with no gearbox for maybe 18 months…Jennings bodybuilders made a new body and the lorry was painted at Jennings … someone had mudguards on the shelf…the lorry was dark blue where paint was left on. the tipper body was wooden with a sheet steel covered floor…chassis numbers I’am certain it was the 3 rd ERF lorry that they found, would that be chassis no 66. the apprentices did alot of work striping springs from axles and things like that…don’t know about the badge i know someone nicked the headlights one time maybe at a show i think… but i,d left Jennings by then.i started for Jennings after a year in college in march 1966 and as far as i know only ever worked for them…Jennings was a 200 year old company making horse drawn carriages before the cabs for Mr Edwin in 1933.