Off topic advice on child support agency

topdog1606:
Problem I find with csa is that they seem to keep changing the goal posts. Originally was having to pay until child was 16 then it changed to 17 then 18 then 19 and now have been told it is 20 as long as in full time education. Since I have no contact I don’t even know how long the course they are on Wi go on for and if it allows for resits if exams are failed.

It seems like the government is taking advantage of the sad situation of relationship breakdowns to get out of its responsibilities.By shifting the funding of unemployed young persons’ issues onto parents by calling adults of school leaving age children.Whereas in previous years it was expected that offspring were either in work contributing to the family household budget or left home raising their own family from the point of school leaving age.

Then added to the mix the CSA seem to have created a situation whereby it calculates more money required to be paid to ex’s to raise a family in a broken relationship than if that relationship had stayed together.IE the type of spend per child calculated by the CSA would probably send many households into debt after other outgoings.The result being a situation of not only the diabolical situation of women running off with other blokes and those other blokes being only to keen to oblige but the CSA makes it financially advantageous for them to do so. :unamused:

Whereas I’d say that responsibility for child support payments to ex’s should only apply in the case of relationship breakdown caused by domestic violence and/or whoever was responsible for the breakdown.In the case of breakdowns caused by running off with ‘someone else’ then it should be the ‘someone else’ ( homewrecker ) who pays not the victim in the form of the person left with the wreckage of a broken home. :bulb: