Ancliff Tankers Manchester

No I can’t say I remember that but I remember everybody sucking on the "onion juice(?) tanker and I was told not to use it neat but mix it with 50% petrol.
I also remember going out each morning when the milk tanker ( Driver Roy McKee) came in to collect a jug of thick creamy milk from out of the top whilst he was fuelling up.
We also used to carry some kind of perfume essence which I think was for the soap industry. Just one tiny drop would de odourise your car for months. Jimmy Goodwin was a fan . His cloths reeked of it. Even if you couldn’t see Jimmy, you could tell if he had recently been anywhere near!!
Antifreeze was another product which was a good bottom line drain off. I sold 3 gallons to a friend of mine for 3 pounds ten shillings and the bar steward has still never paid me to this day!!
When I was 17 or 18, they used to send me, on my own, in Jimmy Goodwin’s brown Morris 1000 to the post office at the Nags head to post the drivers cash wages in registered envelopes. It’s a wonder I was never robbed!!