Reversing onto docking bay question

ORC:

The-Snowman:

Dipper_Dave:
Don’t get me started on blind side reverses, i’m lucky to be in the same RDC when completed. :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: PMSL me too!

Me three… :blush:

The angled bays are tricky enough, and all I have to work with is a tiny image in the nearside mirror to figure out if I’m about to hit the trailer next door or not. If it’s dark that makes it even worse. And I have yet to attempt a right-angled blindside reverse - I wouldn’t know where to even begin to do that

I try and extend the landingstrip using a bit of imagination or even a peice of litter on the tarmac to aim at and put loads of lock on early then bring her round a bit, if theres enough room you can alsways adjust a bit. Also look at the trailer from the drivers side will give you a rough idea of the angle the trailers at. Leccy mirrors help but I come from an era these didn’t excist on basic trucks when it was literally blind and guesswork oh and a smidgen of luck.
Try and get her straightish as soon as possible and avoid going into the bay between two other trucks at an angle if possible.

Worst blindside I ever did was after a 15 hour shift, last parking space at the truckstop, just went for it and luckily a couple of drivers helped me out- one to guide me in and the other to mop my brow and give me moral support… :slight_smile: