Reversing onto docking bay question

bald bloke:

Dipper_Dave:
In which case be sure to remove the electrical suzy on the drivers side as this disables the soft dock system and ensures a smooth reverse without the trailer brakes kicking in if someone ■■■■■ in a 100 yard radius and ends up making you look like a right ■■■■.

I hear what you’re saying Dave and I’ve done this BUT we had a driver reversing onto a bay at one of our collection’s and unknown to him a warehouse bod shot out from no where and was chatting to another warehouse bod who had the bay door open and it was only the soft docking sensors that potentially stopped a crush injury/death, needless to say our driver went ballistic.

Thats a good point BB, as disabling any safety device is going to leave the driver wide open to trouble if something happens.

I’ve used good ones for culina that worked great I’ve also bad some nightmares that would barely let you go backwards 2 feet without kicking in and lead to a kangaroo wheel spi effect that any joey would be jealous of.

Also had a banksman once get a bit frustrated with me when I tried to explain that the trailer could see him and was braking on its own. He thought I was making it up, either that or it was some sort of magic he wasn’t aware of. In the end I disconected it but if something had gone wrong I would have been up poop river without a toothbrush.

Although this same banksman was a bit keen and had obviously just been on a signals course, unfortunately I wasn’t familar with these signals he was using so asked him to just scream and wave his arms violently if a potential disaster was about to happen.