Long Departed Southampton Hauliers (Part 1)

I never had time for anything in Sotton. Always scrambling for a boat. The gender benders were of no interest for me ( & vice-versa if you didnt encourage em ) when you had the all them Spanish & South American gals lookin` for romance. :laughing:
Re: Bowdens ; Its funny ,when I think of it ? In the old days it used to take about 3 days to clear in Lisbon. So every night I used to go to the clubs ,fall in love & end up in an hotel. But there was this Bowdens driver who had this handlebar mustache & would go to the Bavarian bar that was crammed full of crumpet. He used to stand at the bar wearing a blazer ,grey flannels ,collar & tie. He went there because they served beer in big pint mugs. He used to smoke his pipe & drink his beer like a sergeant major ,while all around him were truckers from all over Europe totally wasted & really wild women doing what they did best. He never went with any of the girls. But as soon as he got to Lisbon he made a bee-line to the nightclubs. A respectable oddity… ( I was there now ) :laughing: