Ferry mode

Sorry, but I think Rog’s answer is good.
Here’s why:
In ‘Regulation (EC) No 561/2006…’ we have:

1)definition:
daily rest period’ means the daily period during which a driver may freely dispose of his time and covers a ‘regular daily rest period’ and a ‘reduced daily rest period’:
– ‘regular daily rest period’ means any period of rest of at least 11 hours. Alternatively, this regular daily rest period may be taken in two periods, the first of which must be an uninterrupted period of at least 3 hours and the second an uninterrupted period of at least nine hours,

Article 8

5. By way of derogation from paragraph 2, within 30 hours of the end of a daily or weekly rest period, a driver engaged in multi-manning must have taken a new daily rest period of at least nine hours.

1. By way of derogation from Article 8, where a driver accompanies a vehicle which is transported by ferry or train, and takes a regular daily rest period, that period may be interrupted not more than twice by other activities not exceeding one hour in total. During that regular daily rest period the driver shall have access to a bunk or couchette.

4)My opinion:
regular daily rest period is not equal daily rest period of at least nine hours (for multi-manning).

5)My conclusion:

I’d say the answer is eleven hours if the vehicle is multi-manned.