New Zealand Class

Hi mate, only been down in Christchurch for three months myself. I’m looking for a new job myself. Was working for a demolition company, had a row with them on the last day before Christmas. Plenty of work about tho… Wages seem to be around the $24 an hour mark. Accommodation is expensive. I’m living about half an hours drive North of Christchurch, place called Rangiora. Renting a little one bed unit $300 a week all in.
As you will know, the Kiwis expect you to work up to the maximum hours allowed. DON’T work for a company called Rangiora Transport… I worked for them for a week… Mon - Fri I did 80hrs driving really ■■■■ old trucks for $21 flat rate an hour. Never again.
Christchurch itself is nowhere near as good as Auckland, I lived in Auckland for two years. Since the earthquakes there’s not much left of the centre of Christchurch, not really a lot of nightlife about. I like going out for a few beers, you end up drinking local.
I lived in London for 25 years prior to coming to NZ and for it’s few faults I’d still choose NZ over London any day…
Let me know how you’re getting on…
Simon.