Ford Transcontinental

Broadslide:

Tubbysboy:

Broadslide:
Ford used to badge their big cam models (post79) with an installed power so the intercooled engines at 370 badged 350 and 340 badged 320. The pre big cam engines were badged similarly but were slightly lower rated BHP so the intercooled engines were badged 340 and 310. The big chrome FORD letters on the front, if original would put it pre big cam, although many drivers put the old letters on the newer model which came with the blue oval. Any one any wiser? :frowning:

Pretty sure the mark 1 ( big ford letters on top half of cab) didn’t have any other badges with 320 or 335 or anything on them. Just the silver strip around the middle of the cab. The mark 2 ones (blue oval) had the strip but with 4428 (290 ■■■■■■■■ 3424 (240 ■■■■■■■■ 4432 (320) marked on them. My dad a 2 of the mark 1 and both were 335. Then several mark 2 ones. Mind you I could be probably completely wrong, if so I do apologize !

Hi Tubbysboy Yes you are right the early ones weren’t badged externally but were known as a 4224, 4227, 4231 & 4234. The big cam started with 44 and were badged on the door. IIRC the 335 engine was the one used in the 340.

The very very early ones as the one hidden in a Nissan Hut at the Ford on show week near Bedworth didn’t have a badge but the ones given to operators to try had the big Ford letters on the front.I used to see the orange on that Briddon tried coming through Derby and is pictured on the first brochure of the model.