Ancliff Tankers Manchester

Wirlinmerlin:

Rider200:

Wirlinmerlin:
Have just been reading these Ancliff posts with nostalgic interest as many remembered names leap out from 30, 40, even 50 years ago! Very spooky!
I 1964 and 1967).

I ]

! Harry Taylor was a lovely bloke who took his job too much to heart and ended up with a heart attack. The management kept asking him when he was coming back. He did come back but probably too soon and a little while later had another attack which did him in.

Harry Taylor told me to get an AEC Unit on the pit in front of his office , Off i go happy as Larry two laps of the yard and then right up the pit as instructed hard on the brake pedal and that was when I heard the AIR leak down at my feet and the flag with the word STOP stamped on it popped up from its housing .
The only thing I hit before Harry’s office was the horn button he looked up at me and he new what was going to happen and sure as eggs it did. The left side of the wall fell off in front of the stores door Harry made a dive for the office door :open_mouth: and got away free :laughing: .Store man Sammy Downs was heard to use some strong words :astonished: which was unusual for Sam he was another one of the nice guys :wink: . Happy Days RIP guy’s.