Middle East - Not Astran!

Hi jazzandy, I remember spending three or four day’s at Dover export customs, with a load of exhibition goods for a Tehran trade fair. Bill Kit and one of his drivers were both trying to clear export customs at the same time. He had so many alterations in his TIR carnet that the customs refused to stamp any more. if i remember correctly he had to go along to Shenkers office for another. I think this was the first time I had seen him with his portable typewriter which he apparently carried with him in the truck. I had a Promotors load on which had human bones in one display, which i think was part of my problem. the paperwork for the load was in three cardboard boxes, that i had to carry upstairs to the customs in Dover for checking, it was a nightmare before I even left the country. I had told my boss that I would not go back to Iran after the Revolution,as I had been stuck there for six weeks during it. So I was doing a trailer change at Polycastron in Greece With Ratchet neck Bob, who was turning round and delivering the load to the trade fair in Tehran. Regards Jamie.