Lorries with 13-speed Fuller Roadranger 'boxes

tiptop495:

robert1952:

richmond:
It. Fits

@Richmond: bravo! I’m watching your progress with interest (and encouragement). Robert :smiley:

@Tip-top: Hey, Eric! Your signature reads, A Fuller driver is a happy driver! Does this come from an old advertisement? And if so, which one? Robert :smiley:

Hey Robert, that looks realy nice, That’s the way to go, the maxim is self made, but that what the pic here shows must has been a common sight for at least four decades. :grimacing:
I learnt after driving some Daf’s, after years on Volvo and Scania mostly, that it was the box to go for
(for me an RTO ■■■13 :smiley:) Not the the Volvo boxes weren’t good, they were nice with 16 speeds. But never liked the 12 speed with only 3 base selection and the stick standing forward :angry: .
Scania boxes were ok until the 0 series came, weren’t uprated for more power, the shifting became harsh and the planetary splitter broke constantly. The first Range change came end '71 better to shift, but even a worse
(now planetary range change). So (keep it simple drive Fuller)
Even today wouldn’t need a book to build together a Scania box, I did some decades ago, so you can think.
But Fuller’s with over a million km on the clock, we rarely opened one AND with (compressor PTO’s on them).
OK a good driver could manage a lot of kilmeters with a scanny box, BUT to be a prudent driver in days with only about 280/300hp and 30 tonnes on the back, no motorways and 800/1000km a day would be difficult to be :slight_smile: .

Eric,

Brilliant, Eric! You are a man after my own heart! And bravo for inventing a catch-phrase which Fuller could have successfully used for several decades if they had thought of it first. Well, in my case, a Fuller driver is a happy driver - indeed! Robert :smiley: