EDC warning light on MAN LE150C (D 0824 LFL engine)

Own Account Driver:
Either disconnect the battery and leaving it a while or touching the two leads together …

Er, I take it you mean touching the flying leads together after disconnecting them? :wink:

Giving the connectors a good spray with WD40 will probably allow you to ascertain if they are the actual problem in lieu of a proper clean up later.

I’ll do that for most of the pins but I’m afraid at least one of them is so bad that it won’t survive reconnection. Most of the brass around the base of the pin has been eaten away. You can see how much corrosion product there is in the photo. Even if what remained of the pin was strong enough to insert back in the socket I think it woudn’t be safe to let it carry the current, it would be asking for a fire.

The connector that needs replacement pins is the one farthest forward and to the driver’s side (UK spec right hand drive vehicle). It has six larger pins arranged irregularly around an inner circle of nine regularly spaced holes. There are groups of two and three pins, and one pin on its own. There are smaller pins arranged outside that circle of larger pins but it looks like they’ll be OK with a good clean with some emery paper.

So the 64 dollar question: Where can I get this connector? I’m going to nip down to the local MAN dealer this morning but I just know they’re going to tell me I have to buy the whole loom for eighteen hundred quid and rewire half the truck. All I’m really going to need is a fourpenny rolled brass pin. If I have to I’ll make one.