EDC warning light on MAN LE150C (D 0824 LFL engine)

ged:

AF1:
As above try a fuel filter and clean the pre filter first, check the fuel is good then the next thing to do is remove the front grille and pollen filter housing and check the connector where the engine harness plugs into the cab this is where they usually corrode. If ok worth checking the plug at the pump for corrosion after that it’ll be a case of reading the fault codes.

Thanks for the tips, I’ll give all this a go tomorrow and get back to you.

Oh, man, were you ever right about those connectors! Y’know I’d never have looked there for electrical connectors. I took off the first of the five connectors that I saw when I peered up into the area near the radiator and this is what I found:

jubileegroup.co.uk/JOS/misc/ … _truck.jpg

They must have had a vacation student - no - a work experience schoolkid to do the design work for the loom location. It’s certifiable. In a country where it snows, getting in turns showered with salty water and cooked by the radiator, there’s absolutely no chance that they’d live a long and fruitful life.

I haven’t yet had the guts to take the rest of the connectors off but I don’t expect it’s going to be any prettier.

I suppose the good news is that it shouldn’t be too hard to fix, but it ain’t gonna be a ten minute job. :angry:

Thanks again for the very insightful tips. I’ll keep you posted.