100 + years of Commercial Motor

Jack Graham:
While it’s interesting seeing what thing were like many years ago, the problem is that not many drivers had time for taking pictures let alone having a camera in the cab, we were usually hard at work and too knackered to be bothered what we might show when we retire, I actually started my driving in 1957 in the army, then went driving in the early 1960 when I came out, but still very interesting to read stories of the past, but I still think we had more fun and enjoyed the job far better than they have today, too many restrictions, to many laws and rules that don’t make sense.

Hello Jack, Talking of restrictions ETC, ive just been reading an article in the CM, that says there is a new law coming out that states HGV Drivers will not be allowed to overtake bloody cyclists on certain roads, Well IMO for a start cyclists should pay road tax because the way things are going they are all over the place, In the village where I reside they take over the shopping center where there is a coffee shop one has to walk round them because they block the entrance,s Not just to one shop but several, IMO,Driving wagons like you and I did plus thousands of other lads did is not worth a light these days HGV Drivers don’t get paid enough for all the ■■■■■ they have to put up with, Its time that the Powers To Be got it sorted out, Regards Larry.