Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Saviem:
Spardo, if you can write a little about “Chez Jo” @ Hautvilliers…then please do, many of us have supped there, for me the place and the staff have strong affection…for they helped me personally in a very dark time as a young man…and I shall never forget their kindness…

As for the Chef at Geprge V, in Paris…I hope that his indignation made him explode…he was a useless fat pillock who could never have managed Egg and Chips at the Sunset Transport Hotel…

Cheerio for now…I raise a (very) large Bollinger to you all…and to those many Routiers that I enjoyed stopping at…

I did want to Saviem, some years ago now, because I’m sure the story is long and fascinating but as I mentioned to Craig earlier Jo never replied to my request and the next time I was there he had passed on to that great routier where the rouge never runs out and the food is always fresh and hot off his log fire. My French is good but not to miss the nuances of rapid replies I would need some native help and the one I thought would do the job was no longer available. My voisine (she who speaks English with a Glasgow accent :unamused: ) at the time would have done it for me but I think that a few days away on the other side of France would not have gone down well with my own Patronne. Note my neighbour was a voisine not a voisin :wink: :laughing:

Maybe one day, the new man and his lady are good Patrons but the real tales would come from the 2 long servers who race to and fro with their finely balanced plates, and time marches on for all of us. Even them.