Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Spardo:
Craig. I’ll keep an eye out next time I’m down there, you still on with Stef in a Premium?
You did know that Jo died a few years back don’t you? I found out one morning when the large ■■■■■■■ earlies behind the bar turned out to be his daughter. I could see the likeness. I wrote to him to see if I could write a history of the place but never received a reply. I thought the story of the ‘foundling’ and his other long serving mate was worth telling but was sure that the place went back in the mists of time serving routiers as well. The new patron is a big bloke with a nice looking blonde wife. She comes in around 8pm and goes round all the tables with a welcome smile to shake hands. Reminds me of Chateau Gaillard, the Patronne there does much the same thing. Nice touch.

Oh well, 2 Spanish Greyhounds from Cestas to Dijon in the offing (I feel a night out coming on at the Centre Routier at Moulins :wink: ) and, believe it or not, a fox cub from Perigueux to Lisieux. The last time I did that run I ate and slept at Le Point du Jour near to La Fleche, but that was 3 years ago, hope it’s still going.

Hi there David, didn’t know about Jo, what a shame. Hope the food is still as good as ever. Did the new owner keep the lads on as they obviously knew everyone who set foot in the place? I guess I haven’t been in there for nearly five years.

Still on with STEF-TFE, driving a Premium for now. Hope our paths cross sometime in the near future. Pleased to see you’re keeping busy.