Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

Spardo:
You can imagine I was well ticked off when I found it shut and was forced to going a long way out of my way to park up at the Relais des Corbieres at Lezignan-Corbieres. Fortunately that one is a very good traditional routier with everyone seated at one long table and I have stopped there several times since. It seems to be run by one couple, perhaps with one other hired staff. Amazing when you consider that I think there are rooms above for commercial travellers too.

Nice to see that you’re still notching up a few kilometres David (it’s been a long while since we met up at Chez Jo in the north. It was you that first recommended that place to me and I used it many times afterwards)

I know that routier near Lezignan, like you say it’s one of the few remaining old-school establishments along that road. I often cut along that route if I’ve tipped in Montredon-Corbieres at our depot there (a rather unique place that, to say the least!), or if the A9 junction is backed up. Every night we do trailer swaps on the other side of Lezignan, just down the road from the Alloin depot next to the little aerodrome. If you see one of our trucks parked there with a 58 prefix fleet number on the cab it may well be me.

~ Craig