Funding for hgv/lgv Unemployed

I’m a 36 year old time served toolmaker I was made redundant @ Christmas 2013 signed on the dole 14 February 2014,1 day later got a phone call from a guy in Portsmouth who works for the dwp he asked what my next step was looking for work.I explained to him I wanted to do my hgv C+E as I had been offered a job with a local haulage company when and if I got my hgv cat C+E license, I have wanted to change career for a while so I phoned a few local haulage firms explained my situation just basically put some feelers out,to find out if there was work available for inexperienced drivers.A number of firms came back offered me a job if I was prepared to team up with an old timer for a week or 2 to get some experience, before I was sent out alone I said no problem they put the job offer in writing. I gave the proof of the job offer a letter the company sent me to the guy@ the DWP within 24hours I had confirmation that I will be funded to do my C+E LICENSES. So I have managed to find a job and get all my training practical lessons and theory test funded by the DWP I START MARCH 10th, So it is possible it just takes a bit effort. And I little bit of planning.This is the first time I have ever needed to sign on or been out of work I found the guy @ dwp JCP paul he was called to be a great help nothing was to much trouble from what I have heard he is the exception not the rule when dealing with people from the DWP