Over the water in the 90's EC and beyond

robert1952:

Jelliot:
Lucky old you, those fridge driver seem to be a sociable mob. I woke up at Campo Galliano one Sunday morning totally surrounded by them.

It never really bothered me when I was pulling a fridge though.

Jeff…

I was parked up at Wilsdruff services near Dresden once, next to a Dutch driver who had been driving fridges for so long that he couldn’t sleep without the noise, so he made a cassette recording of a Thermoking blasting away to lull him to sleep on slack nights! I kid you not. Robert :slight_smile:

Great addition to the thread Robert and Danne, I was starting to feel a bit lonely…

I was with my fridge one night near Adana parked next to 3 others and in the middle of the night I could hear a loud snoring noise so I went to have a look, to find it was coming from a Dutch Scania that was parked on the other side of all the fridges.

When I last came to Australia I once again met up with Bruce Honeywill who at the time as the editor for Truckin’ life. He asked me if I would like to do a few European/ Asian stories for the mag so I got stuck into it and delivered a very short version of what will soon be part of my series of books.
He phoned me up and told me how fantastic it was, and how much he had enjoyed reading it and looking at the photos but wouldn’t be able to print any of it as no one would believe it was real.

Jeff…