ERF 'European' (1975)

zzarbean:
I don’t know much of the teknikanal stuff about them but do remember they were 335’s and looking at the photo again I would say it was taken in the Eric Vick yard, I recognised the dust bin and the pear trees in the background.

After falling out with ■■■■■■■ over a liner or follower problem that the fitter discovered but ■■■■■■■ didn’t admit to until years later EV’s moved over to Gardner power, not the best thing you’d think for repairs when running in Europe but:

1. They rarely broke down
    and
  2. If they did we could usually get them to a bus/coach firm, which ran Gardner powered coaches, located somewhere in the Belgium Triangle near Willibroek if I remember rightly (but don’t quote me on that) The owner was a great Gardner fan and became good friends with Eric, we’d often have a box of bits to deliver there ‘on our way’.
    It’s annoying me now because I cannot think of where it was let alone his name. More red wine and it’ll come to me.

Hey ZZ B, I think which Belgian company you mean who did coach,bus garbage work and a bit transport. It was a big company with different plants,but can’t remember their names now,but only a part of the coach exists still today.
It were big Gardner users and drove the Automiesse Gardner powered trucks too.
It were rich kolonials of Congo who came back after the independence of Congo,and everyone got in a part of transport bussines.

bye Eric,