Services in Layby on A3

On my trip up to the London markets I had to take my 9 hour on the A3 in the big layby by the Risley turning, just before the M25 interchange.

I was the first in the queue and just put the kettle on, reading my paper when I was aware of someone walking down the side of my trailer, and then standing in front of my truck, staring at me. As you do you pretend you’re reading your paper but actually looking at the person, who stood looking at me for a fair while, then disappeared behind the trailer.

A couple of seconds later a car pulled up beside my driver door and the same man peered across from the drivers seat looking up at me. So I think that I’m going to get robbed that night and outcome the protek window guards (lockguard passengerside fitted full time).

As I’m doing this another car pulls up alongside and again is looking at me. At this point I phoned my wife who found the local police number for me to have just in case, but I’m thinking “I’ve only got onions on!!!”. In the space of half an hour the same car plus 2 other cars kept driving past slowly looking at me. As I was getting out to put my driver door lockguard on, a truck and a car stopped next to me but not to worry they were doing a change over, so I said to them is this a safe area or a crime hotspot. He asked why and I told him my suspicions.

At which point he laughed and said don’t worry they’re DOOR KNOCKERS! I had a blank look on my face and the other driver said, “you know, where you want to put your kingpin into a nice greasy spot” and both started wetting themselves. Then the penny dropped.

That lay-by has ‘starred’ in the Sunday papers a few times and is a well known dogging spot. In fact a mate of mine often meets a couple in a camper van there for just that activity. He had me in stitches when he told me about it and said the bloke makes him a cup of tea for ‘afterwards.’ :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

They like 'em rough in that layby.

EVEN I GOT PROPOSITIONED THERE!!!

I’ll give you the full story when I’m home on my pc not on this pda

PMSL, Topcat!!!

If you look on the southbound side, they have made the layby HGV’s only!! This was purely to try and get the cars away from there…not because they love trucks. You could come down there at any time of the night and there was always cars parked in the southbound layby… a bit 24/7 lolol

I live down the A3 and no matter how tired I have been, I have always avoided those laybys lolololol

TheBear:
PMSL, Topcat!!!

If you look on the southbound side, they have made the layby HGV’s only!! This was purely to try and get the cars away from there…not because they love trucks. You could come down there at any time of the night and there was always cars parked in the southbound layby… a bit 24/7 lolol

I live down the A3 and no matter how tired I have been, I have always avoided those laybys lolololol

wouldnt bother me id just pull the curtains inthe cab and thats that at least you wont get people cutting your side or pinching your diesal.

north surrey haulage:

There’s no accounting for taste! :smiley:

Tartanraider put " there’s no accounting for taste" is that because it’s a VOLVO, or Sean (OR BOTH !!!),
Perhaps they have “a hit list” of trucks , and so far the Volvo has’nt been entered !.
[/quote]

Coffeeholic:
the bloke makes him a cup of tea for ‘afterwards.’ :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

:open_mouth:

So there is no chance you will ever park there then :laughing:

That’s for sure. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

In fact a mate of mine often meets a couple in a camper van

sorry cant see the reg number :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

topcat:
and so far the Volvo has’nt been entered

And neither has the driver thank you very much :open_mouth:

north surrey haulage:

It was on a Friday when I was still based on the Purley Way (A23) Croydon.

I had been sent from Felixstowe to Coventry.When I was tipped they rang and changed the restitution for the container to Southampton :unamused: from Tilbury.

When I got to Southampton I had been given the wrong reference for my empty out of Pentalvers to load on Monday.As usual everybody had already gone home in the office at Hanburys.

Eventually the bloke in Pentalvers went through every fax and I got my box.

This all meant that I couldn’t get home that night and had to stop about an hour short on the A3 at Wisley.

The layby was full up apart from a space on the very end which I had pull forward of and back into from the exit slip.
I got out to wash the nearside front wheel :wink: when I noticed a bloke walking towards me.

When reading the following conversation bear in mind I wasn’t in the best of moods due to the Pentalver fiasco

Him in red
Me in green

Alright

Yeah

He keeps on walking towards me

Can I help you?

What do you mean?

Have you got a problem?

No why?

Because you will have in a minute!

Why?

I’m having a [zb] now [zb] off!

He then stops about halfway down the trailer 'til I’m finished the carries on walikng toward me

Is there much about?

What?

Is there much about?

What? Stop talking in [zb] riddles and tell me what you’re on about!

Couples

Still not having twigged

Couples of what?

You know having ■■■

Duz it look like there’s a [zb] couple having [zb] ■■■ here?

Would you be interested in having ■■■ with my girlfriend in the cab?

Listen mate I’ll give you some advice.I’m in a [zb] bad mood I’m not interested in having ■■■ with ya missus,You,your cousin or your nextdoor neighbour I just wanna go to bed get up in the morning and go home unless you can arrange for Kylie Minouge.
Can ya?

No.But once you see my girlfriend you’ll change your mind

I can assure you I wont and you’re starting wind me up now,I’m gonna go to bed now 'coz I’m knackered.

The last trucker said he was too tired until he saw her he soon changed his mind.
He had a Magnum.

I was thrown for a split second trying to figure the relevance of the Magnum in all this.
By this time I was climbing back in the cab

If a car pulls in front of you and flashes it’s brake lights it means they want to have ■■■ with you.

I’ve told you I’m not interested

At this point I was in the cab and he was standing in the open doorway so I couldn’t shut the door.So I put my foot on his shoulder and pushed him out of the way

Now [zb] off!

He walked off and while I was doing my tacho I noticed a brand new Toyota Rav4 pull alongside me and I looked down to see a lady of around 25 years old looking up at me.
She was very good looking (I mean model quality not airfix either) wearing a mini skirt that showed about 2" of skin between her stocking tops and hem line and just a ■■■■ tube on top.
I looked down at her
she looked up at me then spoke to the driver
looked back at me then they pulled in front of me and started flash their brake lights.
It was at this point I laughed to myself as I realised that I never asked soapy how I respond if I’m willing.(not that I would as thats not my bag man)
Anyway they drove off after about 30 seconds then within 5 mins I had 4 different motors pull in front of me all flashing their brake lights.

All geezers :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

It did make me feel better because I had thought I was equally unattractive to both sexes :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing:

This is getting very common you get loads around Birdlip hill on A417. Me and the girl friend walked the dog around that area friday and she couldnt believe what she was seeing she dont want me stopping in laybys any more and it puts me off a bit to . Any one seen the mush around coleshill area on the A446 in a blue corsa nothing on with stockings and suspenders hanging leg out of window

Blimey…I’ve led a sheltered life :unamused: :wink:

RS005D1136:
This is getting very common you get loads around Birdlip hill on A417. Me and the girl friend walked the dog around that area friday and she couldnt believe what she was seeing she dont want me stopping in laybys any more and it puts me off a bit to . Any one seen the mush around coleshill area on the A446 in a blue corsa nothing on with stockings and suspenders hanging leg out of window

Is it a false leg or still attached to the body? :smiley: :smiley:

There always used to be plenty of car drivers walking into the woods at the layby just off the M6 J4 on the A446. Thats probably why it is now an ex-layby

Calv