Favorite Routiers and other European Truckstops

What trucking was all about, forget laptops, TV’s, pot noodles. Park up and go look for some proper grub and something to wash it down. Tomorrow’s another day as yet untouched.

Not a truck stops as such but some very memorable nights, used to be first night stop on a Sunday and race to get there before midnight. On a normal night just enough time to get a beer or three before Rita called it a night. On a good night … did I ever tell you about Mr Bean’s birthday? :smiley: :smiley:

Colmar 006.jpg

Another fine stop. great on a summer’s evening when you’d dine on the veranda. On the A10 between Landau & Pirmasens at Kaltenbach if memory serves me right. A road with overnight weight restrictions which didn’t seem to apply to the German trucks. :unamused: I was sat on the veranda one night when half a dozen Ferraris turned up. Great sound coming up the valley.

vaumoisecafe.jpg

Again not a big truck stop and mainly frequented by French drivers just off the N2 east of Senlis at Vaumoise in and old railway yard. I discovered it when Paris was going through a troubled time and didn’t want to be too close. You had two choices on the menu, take it or leave it. And if you didn’t sit down when dinner was served you went without. The daughter spoke a little English. :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: