Nostalgia!!

unclegargameld:
I worked for a guy running scotch delivering ceramics for pylons round the hydro boards could have up to 10-15 drops , I had a ford D -series 24-17 day cab with a V8 polly knocker 7 30 ft trailer quite fast till it saw anything resembling a hill , I recall i had a thick army type sleeping bag ,good job , cos sleeping across the seats in Elgin one night i must have kicked the door handle & the sod opened woke up covered in frost !! good sleeping bag that , recall having to bring the swine back from grangemouth with no clutch cos the tight arsed boss wouldnt entertain a call out , ram it in gear start her up & put your foot down, nowdays "drivers are on the phone grizzling if the nap on the seatcover is brushed the wrong way ha ha :wink: but to be fair nowdays theres not much you can do to modern trucks with their sensors & whatnot , cant even repair an airline with an olive nowdays , & i think back in the day there was not the rescue networks there are today & employers don’t encourage thinking for yourself nowdays , your not paid to think , but has thier attitude ever been any other way ?

remineds me of oddball kellys heros . man I only ride them I don’t know what makes them work . -otto- tramper .