Guy

May I say, that as usual “Saviem”,a very well crafted resume’ of the “rise and demise” of Guy Motors and although I only ran a handful of Big J’s at the twilight of their existence I did have occaision to contact Fallings Park about the oil capacity /lack of, in the Thorneycroft 6 speed box.They duly responded PDQ and sent a number of elbow bends for gearbox plug which increased the oil capscity.But I must say the guys (excuse the pun!) at Wolverhampton couldn’t have been more helpful at the time,unlike the tossers at Bathgate when we had some lumber with a Mastiff gearbox :cry: .Obviously, at the time I was in touch with Guys the writing was definitely on the wall and they were doomed.But I recall knowing a Guy owner in Kendal ( a ■■■■■■■) who ran one Guy Warrior Light 8,AEC 7:7, trailing axle out of Barrow Steel with payloads of 17ton,he packed in,suddenly, at the end of 1966 and his driver went to work in the local engineering works in Kendal and he sure could tell some tales of the 7 years he drove this Light 8 from new,never let him down he told me although it was operated on a shoe string :unamused: .The chap that owned the Light8 was actually the Cheuaffer? for the Chairman of Lakeland Laundries in Barrow,his father was the Co Secretary of The Provincial Insurance Co who’s Head office was in Kendal :blush: .I did attempt to buy the “A” licence off this Guy in ‘69 as it was still current although it had been parked up for 3 years,but Alas :frowning: too much time had elapsed so I didn’t manage to get my hands on said “A” licence,Enough :unamused: ,you’'ll all be going cross eyed! :blush: Cheers Bewick.