Fuel useage?

Yeah Kev,I know!!
But I’m possibly looking to relocate to the mainland,Don’t think I can get rates of £1.04/mile loaded or empty (£1.30/mile two 20’ boxes) demurrage at £20/hour( they still pay you even if customer won,t pay it) after three hours, Guaranteed 1500miles/week (average usually 1800) for a new start in N.Ireland.Speaking to a TM at Teesport yesterday,he said he had been working for this company for 3 years and had never seen a subbie earn less than £1600/week even in quiet weeks, mostly they get 3000km (at 0.64p/km paid even if running for trailers with horse only)) with no trailer hire doing pure traction only,and they don’t run bent!!.Told me there would be no problem ringing his subbies for ref’s,questions and advice etc.
Although I’m going to see a quarry TM today to get some info ref rates etc and I suppose when comparing rates with across the water I should take into account the diesel available in the south at 56.25p/litre.
Can get a new ERF ECT 6x2 420c high entry sleeper AS tronic for £1050/month on 5 year buy back with full R+M (or 2001 low mileage Renault prem prev 6x2 with all the bells and whistles on hire purchase with full R+M for £800/month paid off in 3 years) and I’ve still to do abit of "dealing " :laughing: on the quotes.Priced insurance @ £105/wk, public liability and GIT @ £26/wk. road tax @ £23/wk and fuel @ £670/wk (thanks to the guy’s above :wink: )
Doing the figures it seems to me there is profit to be made,but maybe being a “newbe” I’ve forgotten something!!! :question:
Oops, I have forgotten something,What costing would I need to factor in for tyres on a 6x2 doing an average 130000km/year?
Now if only I had my CPC!!! ( start the 6 day course on Friday):lol: :smiley: :sunglasses: