Bowel problems

Bowel cancer runs in my family, as does stomach cancer. In the last 2 years, ive been experiencing similar symptoms to a very close uncle, we are almost identicle in every way except for height and lyfestyle. Chronic bowel pain, bleeding, nausea and and varied appetite have got the doctors baffled. Ive had barium meals twice as well as enemas and so far the only thing to be found was a duodenal ulcer. However, in December last, a doctor in the Belfast RVH was overheard mentioning to a consultant wether or not an oncologist should intervene. Now it was my mother that overheard the conversation, and when I confronted the consultant, he said that he reckoned it wouldnt come to that. Ive an appointment in two weeks for an mri scan, the second this year, and to be honest, Im brickin it, pardon the pun. Now what gets me is at present, im relatively pain free, however blood is still present as is the nausea. Im glad this topic has been brought up as Im keen to find out if any of you guys have had similar problems. Id love to say everything will be fine but there is always that feeling that things are not. I will update when I know more, and I will be making note of the various things that I want to ask the consultant about, mainly to put my mind at ease!

Regard
Kev