Directgov Job Search

What experiences have you had with this? “Company Confidential” really irritates me, all it says is “agency, or employer with bad reputation.” That, or jobs still advertised that have long gone.
My job was advertised in a local paper shop because “Jobcentre was hopeless.”

Loads of non-existent jobs on there, placed by agencies just looking to harvest names on the off-chance that they might be able to use them in the future, government quite happy to go along with it because it creates the illusion that there are thousands of jobs out there but the unemployed don’t want to work.

I don’t use it anymore.

What do you use?

dont they have same job in every town !!!

topmixer11:

that and you type in jobs within 35mile radius and you get jobs 2-300 miles away , not much chance of popping home for dinner there then :frowning:

topmixer11:

Yes, they do, including several local villages near me where there is not a transport company for miles around.

In my experience the Jobshite is for agencies or cheapskate firms too tight to put an advert in the local newspaper. I got my current job as a result of an ex-workmate from previous phoning me to say someone had left and to get down there pronto if I was interested. I left the agency like a shot.

I use indeed.co.uk

http://www.indeed.co.uk/

It’s like a lucky dip! I stumbled a cross a good job on there started last
Week! The company was named on the advert right place right time

There old site was better the new one is rubbish!!

Doesnt matter how good or bad the site is.There are no motors parked up with cold engines because a driver cant be found.

jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/JobSear … 4&setype=2
Flooded with “Company Confidential”…
:unamused:

I really like the new site. Especially being able to upload a CV and apply through the site. Got several interviews and call backs from both agencies and company’s just by clicking apply at the bottom of the ad.

But I agree, a lot of the jobs seem fake. Especially the one’s advertising the same job in 20 different towns.

Uploading cv is a good idea, just a shame there’s rarely a closing date. I applied for one I found that has been there since February. No closing date, no idea if my application was received as there’s no contact details except using the apply button.
What does “Job Warehouse only” mean? Agency fishing?

Are there any websites which list only jobs advertised with the company who has the vacancy, ie no agencies?

Total waste of time !!!

reed.co.uk/jobs/logistics-dr … _id=indeed

Competitive wage :open_mouth: WTF :imp:

msn.careerbuilder.co.uk/UK/JobSe … t_ukindeed

8 hours unpaid assesment■■?

See the best way to find jobs is either by luck on the companys own website or by word of mouth when the company puts a notice on their noticeboard. I wouldn’t touch jobcentre/gumtree with a barge pole full of timewasters!

There are a few jobs that are genuine from Gumtree. :wink: